Anti-Aging Treatments Near You in Morgantown
Have you been asked “are you okay?” a lot recently? Been told you look tired or stressed often? It might surprise you how much one treatment could improve your outward appearance!
Willow Med Spa is THE skin expert in Morgantown for anti-aging skincare products and services to help you look as young as you feel.
Our clients come to us from all across the region. From Morgantown to Pittsburgh and even New York City, we are a highly reputable medical spa with a longstanding reputation for delivering high-quality results. Our research shows that over 10,000 people PER YEAR in the United States alone are searching for the best anti-aging treatments.
Read on to get the inside scoop on the top 15 most important anti-aging tips
1. Understand what “anti-aging” means.
Every year after age 25 or so, natural collagen levels decrease, elastin production stops, and hyaluronic acid diminishes.
There are additional factors that prematurely age our skin, which include:
- Lifestyle choices
- Daily habits
- Sun exposure (also known as “photoaging”)
- Repetitive facial expressions
- Sleeping positions
There are a variety of anti-aging treatments, products, and habits to form, and they can range widely based on the causes and the results of your specific skin. Essentially, anti-aging simply means any effort that turns back the clock on your outward appearance.
This may mean we are trying to achieve smoother, brighter, or tighter skin. Usually, it’s a combination of all three that yield the most dramatic results.
2. Find professionals you trust.
Speaking as a professional medical spa with decades of combined experience and advanced aesthetic training, it’s critical you do not trust everything you read on social media. Many of the products and tools sold by influencers, for example, tend to be fairly ineffective (ever wonder why they’re offering it to you at 90% off?).
Before you visit any medical spa for an initial consultation, you should read their online reviews and look up the credentials of the provider to ensure they have the proper training and experience.
3. Identify your specific aging concerns.
You may feel as though you look older than you should. But what does that mean for you? Wrinkles? Sagging skin? Simply looking tired?
Willow Med Spa’s approach to anti-aging is all about empowering clients to make the right decisions by explaining all of their options and allowing them to take the wheel with us as an expert guide along the way.
Here are a few of the most common concerns and how best to treat them.
- Dark Spots
- Brown Spots
- Red Spots
- Other discoloration
You may need: Laser or Light Treatments
- Fine Lines
- Expression Lines
- Deep-Set Wrinkles & Creases
- Marionette Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Vertical Lip Lines
You may need: Injectables
- Upper Lip
- Jowls & Chin
- Body Skin (Arms, Legs, Knees)
You may need: Radiofrequency
- Rough Texture
- Under-Eye Bags
- Stretch Marks
- Excess Fat
You may need: Physical or Chemical Exfoliation; Custom Facials; Combination Treatments
4. Don’t compare yourself to others.
It’s all too easy to strive for perfection, especially when we see so much of it on social media.
At Willow Med Spa, we pride ourselves on providing VIP service to every single client that walks through our door. That said, understand that influencers and celebrities often spend hundreds, thousands, even millions of dollars on surgical and non-surgical treatments; personal trainers; personal chefs; and other luxuries that help them maintain or manipulate their appearance.
The truth is, not everyone needs to (or should) care about every single concern we listed above. Maybe one or two concerns are your top priority, or maybe you only have a few issues that would be “nice to address later.” This is your choice alone.
The goal with any anti-aging treatment should be to help you look and feel like a natural, more refreshed, well-rested version of yourself—not changing your appearance to look like someone else.
That brings us to our next point.
5. Determine your budget.
Your monthly or annual budget will help us design a treatment plan that won’t put extra stress on your plate (or extra frown lines on your forehead).
Everyone is different when it comes to how much they are willing to invest in their skin health. Just keep in mind that the less you allocate to your skincare in the short term, the more strictly you will need to stick to the rest of the tips on this list!
6. Create and follow a goal-oriented treatment plan.
Once we know your top concerns, your goals, and your budget, we can create a comprehensive treatment plan to get you there. Typically, we plan anti-aging treatments up to 18 months in advance, especially if you have an event coming up (like a wedding). As you continue to notice improvements to your skin, we can adjust the plan accordingly.
7. Don’t focus solely on the face.
The neck and jowls are some of the most commonly neglected areas of our appearance, yet they can make the most difference when cared for properly!
Learn more about the best treatments for sagging neck and jowls →
8. Get to know the common anti-aging ingredients.
Without going into the weeds, here are a few common ingredients you should become familiar with on your anti-aging journey:
- SPF: Sun Protection Factor. SPF is a measure of how much solar energy (UV radiation) is required to produce sunburn on protected skin (i.e., in the presence of sunscreen) relative to the amount of solar energy required to produce sunburn on unprotected skin. As the SPF value increases, sunburn protection increases.
- Collagen: Collagen is a “building-block protein” that provides structure to the skin and helps your blood clot.
- Elastin: Similar to collagen, elastin is another protein that creates connective tissue in the skin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid: Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) are a group of plant and animal-derived acids used in various skincare products. Chances are, if you look in your cabinet right now, you’ll find that most of your serums, toners, and creams have at least one AHA.
- Glycolic Acid: Glamour once called glycolic acid “the workhorse of exfoliating acids,” and to be honest, we couldn’t agree more. Glycolic acid is a type of AHA derived from sugar cane. It has a small molecular weight, which basically means it’s super easy for your skin to absorb.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid, or HA, naturally exists in the human body, but less and less so with age. It has a variety of health benefits in addition to being an amazing anti-aging ingredient!
- Retinoid: The term Retinoid encompasses a group of chemicals that derive from Vitamin A. When used correctly, retinoids can help you unclog your pores, improve wrinkles, and encourage cellular turnover on the surface to remove dead and damaged cells.
- Retinol: Retinol is a highly popular ingredient in anti-aging treatments and products. It’s a form of vitamin A and comes in liquid serums, gels, creams, and other emollients.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C, usually delivered in a serum, is one of the best ingredients for brightening the skin. You may have also heard it called ascorbic acid or L-ascorbic acid.
9. Please… Wear SPF.
Yes, we’re using TWO of our 15 tips for this. Sunscreen Is Everything
Exposure to UVA and UVB rays is one of the quickest ways to say “so long” to your youthful, healthy skin. Not to mention, risk of long-term health problems like skin cancer!
You should be consciously applying SPF all year long to your face, neck, chest, and hands—pretty much anywhere left uncovered by protective clothing—even in the winter! Believe it or not, that’s when the sun is actually closest to the earth, meaning stronger, harsher rays.
10. Learn the difference between moisturizing and hydrating.
Not all moisturizers were created equal. In fact, did you know that “moisturizing” and “hydrating” are different things?
You should think of a “moisturizer” as any product or ingredient that “seals” water into your skin and locks in the moisture. In the world of dermatology, this is called an occulant.
On the other hand, a “hydrator,” anything from hyaluronic acid to aloe or honey, is what absorbs water from the atmosphere and holds it in place in your skin.
Most people need both—the absorption and the “locking in” of water—to achieve a glowing look and prevent dryness, especially in the wintertime.
11. Stay consistent.
Much like many of us personally, our skin loves routine. The more steps you skip in your routine and overall treatment plan, the less effective everything becomes.
12. Make adjustments when needed.
Wait, whaaat?! It sounds like conflicting advice. Should you stay consistent or switch it up? It depends.
Washing your face daily? Don’t skip.
Drinking water and wearing SPF? Keep on keepin’ on.
Returning regularly for maintenance appointments? Absolutely.
The things you should be switching up? The types of products you use and the treatments you get depend on the time of year. For example, you shouldn’t get laser treatments in the summer or a chemical peel in the winter.
13. Maintain a healthy diet.
Without writing a novel (because we SO could, don’t tempt us!), here is a quick cheat sheet of the good, the bad, and the ugly of your diet when it comes to attaining healthy skin.
✅ Lean into protein, veggies, and healthy fats ✅
- Fatty fish (like salmon or herring)
- Sunflower seeds
- Sweet potatoes
- Bell peppers
❌ Avoid processed foods and diuretics (things that cause frequent urination) ❌
There are a ton of benefits to your skin when you exercise, primarily improved blood flow throughout the body. This process removes toxins, nourishes cells, and decreases stress.
Just make sure you clean your skin after your workout
15. Take time for intentional self-care and appreciation.
If you’re following even ONE of the above anti-aging tips, you’re already doing a great job!
Take lots of pictures (especially so you can see your progress!) and when you’re with friends and family, stay present. Don’t feel self-conscious about where you are versus where you want to be. You deserve to love the skin you’re in and enjoy the journey!
Your Local Anti-Aging Experts
Our cutting-edge treatments are backed by the latest innovations and research. All of our providers are exceptionally well-trained and the best in the business. And we are committed to client satisfaction and stand behind all of our work.
Comprising Morgantown’s premier medical spa, men and women of all ages across the region trust the team at Willow Med Spa to provide the most high-quality skincare and body contouring treatments and deliver amazing results.
If you’re ready to get your skin in the best shape of its life, schedule a consultation with our staff to get matched with the right aesthetician for your needs. You can also use our Virtual Consultation Tool to discover which treatments may work best to address your concerns.